YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme launched by the Andhra Pradesh State government a free mass eye screening programme on 10 October 2019, on World Sight Day. The aim of the initiative is to eradicate blindness. The programme was launched by the Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. More than 62,000 government and private schools will be covered under the programme.
Highlights of the Scheme
|IUC Top-Up Voucher Amount (Rs)||YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme|
|Launched by||Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Official launched date||10th October’19|
|Organization||Medical and Health Department Of Andhra Pradesh|
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Scheme Implementation||Phase wise Manner|
Implementation of the programme
- As a part of health reforms, the State government has decided to implement the programme to provide cashless comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary quality eye care services to the state’s entire population.
- The programme will be implemented in six phases over the next three years.
- The cost estimated for the programme is Rs.560.88 crore including free eye screening, spectacles, strengthening of government institutions, hiring of temporary staff, cataract surgeries and other secondary and tertiary eye care management.
- The first phase will continue until 16 October. It is expected that over 70 lakh students will receive primary basic screening by Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA), teachers, Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) and other staff members.
- The second phase will be launched on1 November. The students will receive the secondary screening and prescription of spectacles in the 2nd phase.
How To Apply In YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme 2019
- Go to the official web portal of the Medical and Health Department of Andhra Pradesh which is “drysrkv.ap.gov.in”
- Now you have to read the scheme related details from the site very carefully or click the available links below.
- Follow the procedure to apply for the scheme and grab the benefits of the scheme.