Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi government launched one of the best scheme Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. This scheme is used for girls. This scheme is to aware people about the importance of girls in society. Firstly this scheme was launched by the Prime Minister in India on the 22nd of January in 2015 at Panipat, Haryana.
The scheme was started in 2015, as a joint initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Human Resource Development under coordinated and convergent efforts to empower the girl child. First, it was initiated in 100 districts with a low girl child sex ratio. Based on the child sex ratio, 100 districts were selected districts along with at least one district in each of the states covered by the 2011 census. In Haryana, Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik was made the brand ambassador for the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ scheme in August 2016.
HOW TO APPLY FOR BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO SCHEME
Opening a bank account in the name of girl is the first basic step. It is necessary to comply with the rules to draw the scheme’s benefits
AGE LIMIT FOR BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO SCHEME
All the girls upto 10 years of age are eligible under this scheme. It is necessary to open bank account in their name.
Tax Free scheme – This scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been set kept completely tax free. No amount will be deducted from your account after opening it.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO SCHEME
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parent or legal guardian’s identity proof
- Proof of address of the parent or legal guardian
Note: – The scheme does not apply to NRIs
As per RBI guidelines, rules and regulations, NRIs cannot apply for this scheme. Sukanya Devi scheme is regulated by Post Office Savings Account Rules 1981. NRIs, therefore, do not come under this category.
Benefits of this scheme for girls
BBBP has been developing under the Ministries of Women and Child Development, Health and Family Welfare and Human Resource Development. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has described it as a big step and a boon for the society.
The government has allocated Rs 50 crore budget for the schemes to protect the safety of women under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
The benefits for the girl child are: –
- You would be able to open a bank account for your girl child which will reduce your financial burden and the girl will get the money for her small needs.
- The government provides a high-interest rate under the BBBP scheme for all small savers. With it, you can save money for your daughter in the future.
- This account is exempted under the Act 1961 u / s 80C. The girl’s account will be tax-free. This means that no money shall be deducted from the account in the form of tax.
- The best part of this plan the account will mature when the girl reaches 21 years from the time of opening the account. Only at the age of 18, she will receive money for higher education. When she is 21, you will be able to take money from the account for her marriage. The account has a maximum duration of 21 years.
The scheme is explain to the people that girls’ education and marriage is not a burden to parents. You can arrange for the marriage of your daughter through the money saved under this account. It provides complete financial security to the girl child.
Then After complete, your daughter completes 21 years from the time of opening the account the entire amount will be credited to her account after adding all interest into it.