Gujarat government implemented a free bicycle scheme for girls. The scheme called Saraswati Sadhana Yojana was made to offer free bicycles to the school going girls and belong from the scheduled caste family. The Department of Social justice and Empowerment was given the responsibility to implement the scheme for distributing free cycles for the scheduled caste girls in Gujarat.we are providing proper information on Gujarat Saraswati Sadhana Yojana scheme.
The scheme is aimed to enhance the enrollment of the girls in the secondary and higher secondary level. The scheme is believed to be beneficial by reducing the number of dropouts from school. The number of dropouts is significantly higher among the girls belong to the underprivileged section of the society.
Eligibility for the Sarasvati Sadhana Yojana
- The beneficiary has to be 14 to 18 years old girl studying in class IX.
- The beneficiary has to be from the scheduled caste family.
- To avail, the scheme one has to be the permanent resident of the state.
- In rural areas, the family income of the girls is needed to remain below one lakh twenty thousand rupees. When it comes to the cites, urban area, the family income should not be exceeding one lakh fifty thousand.
Documents required for registration
- First needs to produce the birth certificate during the time of registration.
- The caste certificate is required to be submitted.
- The candidate needs to produce ration or Aadhaar card as residential proof.
- To avail the benefit of the scheme the candidate needs to show the certificate of family’s income.
How to know about the Sarasvati Sadhana Yojana 2019
The primary purpose of the scheme is to increase the girls’ overall matriculation ratio for higher education. According to the government of Gujarat, the scheme will resolve the issues that are stopping the girls to participate in education. The scheme is aimed at promoting education among girls that will eventually improve the overall rate of education. The detail of the scheme is available on the website of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment. The link is given below.
The scheme is beneficial for the girls from the scheduled caste community in Gujarat. It is assumed that Saraswati Sadhana Yojana will help to increase the number of girls in school as the girls could commute to the school by riding the bicycle. The scheme is believed to be the solution of security-related issues for the girls.