The Indian Government launches the Scheme for SC/ST girl students for their higher education. The aim of the scheme is Financial support for willing to put extra effort SC/ST students. students for GATE/GPAT/CAT/CMAT and GRE, the broad objective of the scheme is to help aspiring SC/ST students seeking higher education through admission tests like GATE/GPAT/CAT/CMAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS and GRE. Here we are introducing the details about How to apply for PRERANA Scheme For Preparing SC/ST Students For Higher Education.
Terms and Conditions of The Scheme
- The AICTE shall provide a limited one-time financial assistance of Rs.10 lakh under
the recurring head, required for meeting the expenditure on honorarium to the Eminent
Faculty Members invited for conducting sessions @Rs. 2000/- per class of minimum 2
hours. No TA/DA will be paid. Students will be paid the application fee for such exams
through this Scheme
- 20% of the total expenditure may be provided to the institute in the form of a recurring
grant to meet the institutes’ expenditure for an arrangement of classes & study material etc.
- The parent institution shall provide adequate space for conducting the classes for SC/ST
- For the scheme to function smoothly and to meet its objectives effectively, it is essential
that it has adequate manpower in the form of dedicated faculty as Principal Coordinator
and support staff.
- The Principal Coordinator shall devise a feedback mechanism to assess the importance
of the programme. If need be, the centre can update its course curriculum of these
Eligibility of The Scheme
- AICTE approved Institutes / AICTE approved University Departments.
- Institute/University Departments must be in existence for at least ten years.
- The Institute/ University Departments should have an appropriate infrastructure of its own
to start the scheme.
- The Institute must have a minimum of 50 SC/ST students on an average on the roll during
last 3 years and comply with the guidelines of Tribal Sub Plan & Scheduled Caste Sub
Plan of Govt. of India.
- The duration of the Scheme shall be for a period of 2 Years i.e. pre-final and final year of