House is every person’s dream. The Karnataka government has introduced many housing schemes for the citizens. Below in this article, we provide information about housing scheme details in Karnataka How To Apply For A Housing Scheme In Karnataka.
Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited
Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited is a nodal agency of a state government and it takes care of the implementation of a housing scheme for economically weaker section. This corporation’s aim is to effective the implementation of guidelines laid by the government and maintains quality in construction.
Applying For A Housing Scheme In Karnataka –Eligibility
It’s mandatory that one should fulfill all the eligibility conditions laid down by the government for the housing schemes. Local administrative institutes (Gram Panchayaths) should maintain a list of eligible candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria for the scheme and should revise the list annually.
After finalizing the list, depending on the allocation in the budget, the government should decide the number of houses for construction. If the number of houses is less than the eligible candidates then panchayath should select the candidates for the scheme through a lottery method.
Main Eligibility Details
- Applicants must be a woman (married or unmarried), ex-soldiers, physically challenged and senior citizens (includes both female and male), widow or widower.
- The person family should be economically and socially backward and their annual income should be less than Rs 32,000.
- Applicants should be houseless.
- The applicant or other members of the family should not hold their own house at any part of the state.
- Applicants who are residing in a hut or destroyed house will be eligible for this scheme.
- Applicants can hold their own land/site.
- An Applicant should not receive a residential facility from any other scheme.
- A family which applies for a house under Indira Awaz Yojana should score less than 30 points in all family survey.
This Documents Needed For Scheme
After the sanctioning process, local self-government will issue the order for the construction. After receiving a constriction order, beneficiaries should submit the following documents to the Panchayath
- Beneficiaries should open their saving accounts and has to submit the photocopy of the passbook.
- Beneficiaries should construct their house on their own initiative and submit the progress reports periodically.
- Subsidy funds will be released directly to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
In the village every year, Grampanchayaths will revise the list in the month of January. Aspirants can submit their applications during that time. The concerned department will give wide publicity about the scheme. Applicants can submit their fresh application in form no. 1 to the Grama panchayath or can submit through online along with the following documents
- Caste certificate (only for the applicants belongs to Sc and St community)
- Income certificate (annual income below 32,000)
- If the applicant is a holder of a site, then he should submit title deed of that land
- Identity card, (ration card/Aadhar/Bank account, voter ID card)